Sunday, May 10, 2015

Donna Douglas played Ellie Mae Clampett

I don't usually write about actors and actresses but today I will.

I liked watching sitcoms of the sixties and seventies. The The Beverly Hillbillies was one of my favorite shows to watch.  274 episodes were filmed.

All the characters were great, but Ellie Mae, was one character in particular I could relate to because of her love for animals.
I tend to believe she and her character had a lot in common-caring about the welfare of animals.

She acted in other shows but I've only viewed her playing Ellie Mae.

She passed away on the first day of 2015 in a hospital in Baton Rouge, Louisiana from pancreatic cancer.

She was a believer.  

In reading about her life, she seems to have been a lovely woman with a beautiful and humble spirit. She was also a writer.

I know she's missed by those who loved her.

I know there are lots of people with humble spirits and are beautiful inside and out.

I'd like to think I'm one.



No comments:

Post a Comment